Unsolicited donations received will be handled in the following way by the Austrian National Library:
- The Austrian National Library reserves the right to make further use of these donations.
- These will only be made available if they meet the collection guidelines of the library.
See: Collection guidelines
- Special prints will only be made available if these meet the collection guidelines and the library does not own the work or the newspaper in which the article concerned was published.
- Donations not made accessible by us will be passed on to the libraries of universities in Vienna, depending on the subject covered.
- The Austrian National Library does not generally return donations for administrative and cost reasons.