For visitors to the State Hall:
The State Hall offers barrier-free access. Wheelchair users are kindly requested to ring the blue bell next to the right side gate on Josefsplatz, if assistance is needed to enter the small step. An employee of our security team will be happy to assist you with a ramp. In case of questions, please contact the porter at Josefsplatz (Josefsplatz 1; tel.: Tel.: +43 1 534 10-231).
For visitors to the Literature Museum:
The Literature Museum offers barrier-free access. In case of questions, please contact the service desk at the Literature Museum (Johannesgasse 6; tel.: Tel.: +43 1 534 10-780).
For visitors to Palais Mollard:
The Global Museum, Esperanto Museum, and the Department for Planned Languages as well as the Department of Music offer barrier-free access.
For visitors of the Papyrus Museum and the user areas at Heldenplatz:
Admission through the central gate of the Neue Hofburg (use the left ramp, right gate wing can be opened using a special key or registration via the intercom).
Appointment possible by telephone: Tel.: +43 1 534 10-511 .
Parking spaces for people with limited mobility are available in the short-stay parking area at Heldenplatz.
- The entrances, staircases and exits in the indoor areas are largely equipped with handrails, handrail continuations and step edge markings, step ends and tactile attention fields in order to ensure as barrier-free a visit as possible.
- Barrier-free WC facilities can be found at Heldenplatz: ground floor and book store (lift); Josefsplatz: Josefsplatz 1, entrance area; Johannesgasse 6: ground floor and in Palais Mollard: ground floor. Baby-changing tables are available in the Picture Archives and Graphics Department Reading Room (Corps de Logis), Neue Burg, State Hall, Map Department Reading Room (Augustinertrakt), Globe and Esperanto Museum and Department of Music Reading Room (Palais Mollard ) and in the Literature Museum (Grillparzerhaus).
- Mobility aids (= "light wheelchair") can be borrowed free of charge from the Josefsplatz service desk.
- In the cloakrooms in the Corps de Logis, Neue Burg, State Hall, Augustinian Wing, St. Michael’s Wing, Palais Mollard and Literature Museum, wheelchair-accessible marked lockers are available for wheelchair users.
- In the user areas of the reading rooms, there are separate reading places for wheelchair users. In the library area in the Neue Burg, there are also separate PC workstations for wheelchair users as well as photocopiers suitable for wheelchair access.
- Visitors may be accompanied by a certified assistance dog.
- Accompanying persons registered in the disabled ID card have free admission to all museum areas.
- Special guided tours: For a suitable guided tour, please contact us by » form or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. This will allow us to create a tailor-made programme and take different needs into account in the best possible way.
- In an emergency, evacuation chairs are available in all public areas for evacuation without using lifts.