Your interactive guide to the Literature Museum
There are many ways to go round the Literature Museum. The “museum tablet” offers you special tours and overviews, additional material, video clips, text and audio material and an interactive Writing Workshop.
- The permanent exhibition in 90 minutes: curators, experts and authors introduce you to selected objects. Through text, video and audio you will learn more about Franz Grillparzer's study, manuscript pages by Franz Kafka and the correspondence between Ingeborg Bachmann and Paul Celan.
- Tour at your own pace: here you can find additional material about the different sections of the permanent exhibition. For example, you can see an extract from a film by Valie Export about Elfriede Jelinek or listen to a historic voice recording of Hugo von Hofmannsthal.
- Themed tours give you a new and unexpected perspective on the permanent exhibition:
- Austrian literature for children and young people
- Flight and migration
- In the Writing Workshop you can continue unfinished novels from Robert Musil to Friederike Mayröcker – working as a team with other visitors. Leave your own literary or artistic mark in the Literature Museum by creating some digital graffiti!
- Find background information about the changing special exhibitions.
- The search function enables you to search for authors throughout the Literature Museum.
- English-language service: for non-German-speaking visitors, key information is available in English.
And by the way, use of the museum tablet is included in the cost of admission.