Using the Department of Planned Languages
To use the extensive holdings in the Department of Planned Languages, you will need valid photo ID and a » library card for the Austrian National Library (the » Library Regulations apply).
- The Department of Planned Languages is essentially a reference library. You can also play CDs and DVDs in the Reading Room.
- Normally, the items will be available for you in the Reading Room no more than 20 minutes after you order them.
- Our Information Services staff in the Reading Room will be pleased to provide you with information about our collections and how to search them.
- With permission from library staff, secondary literature can be copied on site unless this is not allowed for conservation reasons.
- If you would like reproductions of legacy material, photographs or posters, please request scans (» Conditions).
- Scanning of archive material in the Reading Room is not permitted; photography is allowed only without flash and with permission from an authorised member of the archive staff.
Loans for exhibitions
Please send your requests for loans in writing, indicating the items you require (if possible with reference numbers), directly to our » Department Director. Please give the name of the borrowing organisation and the title, location and duration of the exhibition. Click here for the » Terms and conditions and prices.