All about using the Literary Archive
You are most welcome to use the Literary Archive at the Austrian National Library, consisting of material left to us in lifetime and posthumous bequests from authors, for your research.
Ordering and viewing an item
- Your » libary card for the Austrian National Library also gives you access to the Literary Archive. Please note its » Rules and Regulations.
- Please let us know in advance when you are coming and what you want to look at so we can make the material available for you from the following day. Please use our » User Request form.
- If you wish to publish the material you have viewed, please submit a request for » Permission to publish.
- Printed material may not be borrowed from the reference library – thank you for your understanding.
- Members of the information service in the Reading Room will be pleased to tell you about our collections and how to search them. To find out how to cite the material you have used, please see our » Information sheet.
- If you want to make reproductions of legacy material or literature from the reference library, please submit a request for scans (» Terms and conditions).
- Scanning of archive material in the Reading Room is not permitted; photography is allowed only without flash and with permission from an authorised member of the archive staff.
Loans for exhibitions
- Are you planning an exhibition? Would you like to borrow a little gem or a highlight from our collection? Then please send your written borrowing request to the Archive Management. Terms and conditions and prices can be found in our » Lending Agreement.