The Collection of Planned Languages holds 35,000 library volumes, 22,000 photographs and photographic negatives, 40,000 pamphlets, 3,100 periodical titles, 3,000 museum objects, 5,000 autographs and manuscripts as well as 1,200 posters.
Online catalogues and links to digitized books and magazines.
The Esperanto Museum of the Austrian National Library conveys, on its 80 square metres of museum arranged in a modern style, the vicissitudes of the history of Esperanto, and as well presents in a general way the topic of the relationship of man and language.
Department of Planned Languages
Since its founding by Hugo Steiner in 1927 the Esperanto Museum has had an extensive library, to which the title "Department of Planned Languages" was given in 1990. It is also a documentation site and archives, and is home to the world's biggest technical library on interlinguistics.
Some 500 planned languages are documented. A comprehensive retrospective cataloguing and digitising make it possible that in future large sections of the holdings will successively be made available to clients on the internet.