Catalogues of the Austrian National Library
Index of contents
- Main catalogues (books, periodicals, newspapers, series, microforms, AV media)
- Free access holdings (works that can be used in the reading rooms)
- Special catalogues (Ariadne – literature specific to women – electronic periodicals)
- Department catalogues (objects in collections, e.g., pictures, manuscripts, music items, etc.)
- QuickSearch - easy to use an comprehensive Online Search of holdings
- Printed works publishes since 1501
- Academic papers (diplom theses to 2007)
- Women-specific articles, essays from collections, festschrifts, conference proceedings
- special holdings (incunabula, maps, globes, broad-sheets, posters, sheet music, sound recording media)
- Digital resources
We appreciate your understanding that due to the mass digitisation project Austrian Books Online, individual volumes from this catalogue are temporarily not available. Further information on the project may be found at the project website.
Free access holdings (no ordering necessary)
- Free access holdings in reading room 1 (main reading room)
- Reference works arranged in reading room 1 which can be used immediately in the reading room without being ordered.
- Free access materials arranged in reading room 4 (large format reading room)
- Reference works kept in reading room 4 that can be used immediately in the reading room without being ordered.
- Free access holdings in the Picture Archives
- Holdings of the technical literature in the Picture Archives.
- Recording of articles from compilations, periodicals from, i.a., women’s and gender research, partially with abstracts
- Electronic periodicals of the Austrian National Library
- A rapid, structured, and uniform way of accessing scholarly periodicals in their full text.
Help with your researchResearch Department
Tel.: (+43 1) 534 10-444
Fax: (+43 1) 534 10-437
- Access: Heldenplatz, 2nd floor
openig hours: 9.00 – 4.00 p.m.
How can I order a book?
You must order works you wish to use, so that they can be prepared for you.
Exception: free access holdings.